Teacher of Science
Permanent | MPR/UPR | Full/Part-time considered | Required for January 2020
As a Doncaster school, if you gained QTS in the last 5 years or are about to qualify, you will be eligible for the teachers' student loan reimbursement.
• Have a desire to teach Science to A Level (experienced or otherwise)?
• Have a passion for teaching and wish to inspire young scientists to love learning?
• Want to join a forward thinking, highly supportive and progressive Science Department?
• Wish to be part of a Learning Trust that recognises talent and invests in potential through excellent professional development and progression opportunities irrespective of career stage?
If so, Sir Thomas Wharton Academy (range 11-18) is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
The Academy sits within a unique and expanding Multi Academy Trust and is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn. Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and talented teacher to contribute to the Science Department’s improvement journey. A passion for Science and a strong commitment to developing young Scientists to achieve their potential is essential.
Our successful candidate will be:
• An exceptional classroom practitioner with high expectations
• Able to inspire and enthuse students
• Committed to raising standards for all
• Able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
In return we will offer:
• Purpose-built learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
• Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development.
• An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
Prospective candidates are invited to visit the Academy and meet the team. Please contact Reception on 01709 864100 if you wish to make an appointment.
This post involves working with children and therefore, if successful, you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
How do I apply?
For further information and to request an application pack, please contact Min Cunning at Muirne.email@example.com
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Associate Principal and submitted to Min Cunning at firstname.lastname@example.org