We have an exciting opportunity at All Saints CE School for a full time teacher of Science to join our school. The ability to teach Physics would be advantageous but we are above all seeking an excellent teacher of Science. Applications are welcomed from NQTs and more experienced colleagues.
All Saints is a Voluntary Aided 11-16 Church of England Secondary School on Dorset’s beautiful Jurassic coast. We wish to appoint a colleague who will:
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
- Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
- Plan and teach well structured lessons
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment
- Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
- Fulfil wider professional responsibilities, to include a commitment to professional development
We are committed to enriching our pupils’ experience of science. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of science teaching strategies; be possessed with excellent communication skills and have an empathy with the aims and ethos of the school.
Applicants need to meet the following criteria in addition to that specified in the person specification:
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be qualified to teach secondary Science to GCSE
- Have recent experience
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; this is a commitment which we expect all staff and volunteers to share. The successful candidate will be required to have a Disclosure and Barring Service check in line with the Governments safer recruitment guidelines. Applicants must complete the details to allow us to request two references, one of which must be the Head/Director/Principal of the current or most recent employer. The reference requests will ask for confirmation of any disciplinary issues and your suitability to work with children. An appointment can only be finalised on receipt of all relevant checks.
Applications must be made through Dorset for You : https://jobs.dorsetforyou.gov.uk
Closing Date – Sunday 20 May 2018 (midnight)
Interview Date – Week Commencing 21 May 2018