About the school:
The International School of Bergamo is a friendly and expanding school opened in 2011.
Our mission is based on the values of the learner profile and we aim to offer a challenging and stimulating curriculum based on high achievement and inquiry based learning and designed to generate an enthusiasm for learning and value it as a life-long process.
ISBergamo is currently an IB World School for the Primary and Middle Years Programmes and a candidate school for the Diploma Programme. DP authorisation is expected during the school year 20-21.
The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired Education Group (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
More information about the school can be found on our website: https://www.isbergamo.com.
We are seeking a Teacher of Science (MYP Integrated Sciences/ DP Chemistry & Physics), who will be responsible for teaching in the MYP starting September 2020 and in the DP from the school year 21-22.
The successful candidate will:
- Have relative teaching experience at middle / high school level- Experience of teaching the IB is a distinct advantage, and candidates with experience in the Diploma Programme will be given priority
- Be responsible, together with the Subject Leaders, for designing a DP Physics & Chemistry Programme.
- Be able to engage students at all levels
- Be willing to play an active part and collaborate with the other members of the middle school /high school department in the overall curriculum development
- Be committed to high standards, interested in using a constructivist approach to learning, and be enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
- Be expected to show a high level of initiative, flexibility, creativity and organisational skills, as well as a commitment to co-curricula initiatives.
• Qualified Teacher Status
• English Mother Tongue
• Bachelor degree or above
• Hold EU passport of have already obtained the right to be employed in Italy.
• Knowledge and skills in ICT literacy
• The ability to teach other subject(s) is an added advantage.
International School of Bergamo is a growing school and there will be opportunities for professional development within this role.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the standard TES application form via the TES “apply now/quick apply” link. When completing this application form, it is particularly important that candidates will also submit the following:
• Supporting Statement (within the box provided) which clearly outlines why you are interested in the role and in the school;
• CV with photo (as an attached supporting document);
• Contact details of three referees (within the box provided), one of which must be supervisor from current/most recent appointment.
The person appointed will be expected to begin work in August 2020, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our safer recruitment and child safeguarding policies.