Enfield Grammar School
Teacher of Science
Salary: M1 – UPS3 (outer London)
TLR: Available for the right candidate
Start date: April 2020
Would you like to work at a school that has a prestigious past, a wonderful present and a bright future? Would you like to work in a well-established school, proudly rated Good by Ofsted in September 2018? If so, we would like to hear from you.
Our aim is to prepare our boys for the world, both academically and socially. We expect hard work, good manners and in turn provide learning opportunities where all can fulfil their potential. Our motto, “Tant Que Je Puis” (As Much As I Can) is at the heart of our School community and we actively encourage both staff and students to strive for this aspiration. If you share our vision, we would strongly encourage you to apply.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding classroom teacher with strong practical skills who has the ability to enthuse and engage pupils. This is an excellent opportunity to join and further strengthen an established and successful department, either as an NQT or experienced practitioner. Science is taught within a forward thinking creative team and we welcome applications from new teachers and experienced colleagues. The faculty is well resourced and has a good team of teaching and technical staff that are all passionate about science education.
If you have a particular interest in leadership development or working with diverse groups (OXBRIDGE, differentiation, minority groups etc), there is a TLR available for the right candidate. Please reference this in your application.
Enfield Grammar School is an 11-18 boys’ comprehensive school located in the heart of Enfield Town. For more information about the School, please visit www.enfieldgrammar.com
• Access to opportunities for self-development and regular Continuing Professional Development sessions.
• Opportunities for career progression.
• A health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access and free counselling.
• On site gym facility provided by Nuffield Health.
• Strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
• Be passionate about teaching and committed to contributing to the School community.
• Teach through a range of styles and activities to encourage thinking skills and encourage our students to be active learners.
• Have the highest standards at all times to ensure maximum progress and outcomes for our students.
• Be a positive person able to work effectively as part of a team.
How to Apply:
To apply please complete and submit an application form to email@example.com or online via the TES portal. If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Mr Doyle, Head of Science, on 020 8363 1095.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and pre-employment checks.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 23 January 2020 at 12 noon
Interviews will take place during the week commencing 27 January 2020
“Pupils, sixth form students and staff are proud of their school.”
“Teaching is particularly effective in mathematics, English and science in all key stages. Teachers have applied the training the school has developed to ensure that they improve the quality of pupils’ learning. Pupils said they really enjoy those subjects.”
“Leaders train teachers well to improve the quality of their teaching. This training is having a marked positive impact on pupils’ learning and their progress.”