Vinschool is a high-quality K-12 non-profit school system in Vietnam. Vinschool aspires to bring world-class education to the young generation of Vietnam and inspire positive, transformational changes within the education community in Vietnam. We diligently strive to build on the values of national education whilst refining the very best that international education has to offer.
The Vinschool Bi-Lingual (Cambridge) Program is an integrated bilingual program providing teaching and learning across the frameworks of the Vinschool Education System, the Vietnamese National Curriculum and the Cambridge international programmes of study.
Vinschool is seeking dynamic, dedicated and experienced teachers of General or Coordinated Science to join our international teaching team. Successful applicants will teach General or Coordinated Science classes at Primary or Secondary school level. The course of study follows the relevant Cambridge International Examinations Curriculum. Successful applicants will be suitably qualified and experienced, as well as being fully committed to supporting the development of students through curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Essential Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
• Teaching General or Coordinated Science to students according to the requirements of the Cambridge International Examinations Curriculum.
• Preparing curriculum and lesson plans, and teaching materials for class instruction and activities.
• Adapting teaching methods, learning strategies and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students.
• Conducting assessments of student attainment, monitoring student academic progress and providing pertinent feedback.
• Establishing classroom expectations, observing and evaluating student performance, behavior, social development and health.
• Conferring with teachers, parents or guardians to discuss student progress and to address behavioral or academic issues.
• Preparing and implementing remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
• Attending faculty meetings, professional development training and school events.
• Planning and working on extracurricular activities such as clubs, academic contests, etc.
• Performing miscellaneous professional duties as assigned by the Principal/Director.
• A degree and Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
• Teaching qualification/license/certification as applicable
• Preference will be given to those graduating with honors or holding a Master’s degree.
• At least 2 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
• Experience and/or interest in teaching discrete General or Coordinated Science subject in Primary or Secondary school settings.
• Experience of Cambridge International Examinations is desired, but not essential.
• DBS/Police Background Certificate (or equivalent) – additional background screening may be required in accordance with child protection and safeguarding expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements:
• Excellent communication skills – fluent in both written and spoken English
• Strong presentation, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Competency in class management, time management, interpersonal relations and team work.
• Adaptable, patient, flexible, devoted and positive outlook.
• Competitive salary: From $3,000 per month after tax
• Relocation allowance
• Housing allowance and hotel during 1st week of employment
• Airfare support
• International health insurance
• Visa / work permit costs
• Paid holidays