The Global Academy opened its doors in September 2016 to the first cohort of students. Global, the driving force behind the Academy, believe it is crucial to arm students with the proper technical, business and creative skills they need to work in the broadcast and digital media industry, and to help them connect their core studies with vocational skills in a truly practical and entpreneurial way in an inspirational environment. Our partnership with the University of the Arts, London (UAL) enables us to offer a rigorous and challenging curriculum.
What’s it all about?
Our vision is to practically educate our young people to be ready for life in the creative media sector, linking all education through our specialism in broadcast and digital media. Our values are underpinned by our Obsession statement and our commitment to crafting everything we do to be the very best it can be. By doing this, we aim to create inquisitive, confident and reflective students who can harness their creativity to progress their own well-being and that of others.
What will you be doing?
• You’ll be an inspiring teacher, able to motivate and enthuse our students.
• You’ll be at the forefront of innovative teaching practice and student-centred learning.
• You’ll be responsible for the learning and achievement of the students in your classroom, ensuring equality of opportunities for all.
• You’ll treat students with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect while observing boundaries appropriate to your professional position.
• You’ll be proactive and effective at working in partnership with parents, governors, other staff and external agencies while keeping our students’ best interests at the heart of everything you do.
• You’ll effectively deliver the curriculum as relevant to the ages and ability of the students in your class.
• You’ll be involved in giving students feedback to allow them to develop their skills.
• You’ll participate in meetings and relevant professional development opportunities, both for yourself and offering others your experience and expertise.
• You’ll be a strong team player, happy to support your colleagues within the academy including occasional cover.
What we expect from you:
• You’ll have experience of teaching and be excited to inspire our students.
• You’ll have experience of enabling young people to overcome barriers to learning and achievement.
• You’ll have the ability to relate well to students and staff alike.
• You’ll be a strong team player with the best interests of our young people at the heart of everything you do.
• You’ll be able to think on your feet and deal with any issues that may that arise in a positive and systematic manner.
• You’ll need to be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
• You’ll support the vision of the Global Academy.
If you feel this could be the place for you, we’d love to hear from you!