Teacher of Science.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary school, based in Hounslow. The school is looking to add a Teacher of Science to its progressive and supportive Science Department ideally starting in ideally January 2022.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Science at KS3 and GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will support the Head of Science to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
"An exciting position has become available for a talented Teacher of Science to join their thriving Science Faculty. The successful candidate will need to teach Science to Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4, and ideally, be open to teaching either their specialism or Applied Science to Key Stage 5. This is an ideal role for an experienced teacher or someone newer to the profession. They welcome applications from NQTs also.
The school is also well connected, located in the heart of Hounslow, just minutes from Hounslow High Street located just a 3-minute walk from Hounslow East Underground Station (Piccadilly line - Heathrow branch), with direct connections to Central London (35 minutes) and Heathrow (12 minutes). They are also located a 10-minute walk from Hounslow Railway station, with Overground connections to Clapham Junction (32 minutes) and Waterloo (40 minutes)."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• On-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• Progression support throughout the school and wider group
• Support package for NQT’s/ECT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• The chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• A relevant Science Degree or a related subject
• Experience in delivering Science up to GCSE and A- level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• A love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1062262 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher/leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1062262 in the email subject line.
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...