Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a motivated Full-Time Science Teacher to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) school in Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
This is a full-time position, working exclusively with children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) to start from September 2018 and continue on a long-term basis. The school will go permanent for the right Teacher.
The successful Science Teacher will need to have the ability to teach GCSE and A-Level Science to pupils across the Secondary School phase including Key Stage Three (KS3), Key Stage Four (KS4) and Key Stage Five (KS5). There is a strong emphasis on the ideal Teacher being able to teach in an engaging manner and be able to effectively adapt their teaching approach to support children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). The ideal Science Teacher will therefore need to be confident in teaching all elements within the curriculum. You will be expected to work effectively within a well-developed and strong Science Department and within a large team of educational practitioners.
To be considered for the position as Science Teacher you must:
· Be a Secondary School Teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
· Have experience of teaching Science from GCSE up to A-Level
· Have a strong passion for teaching, with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring Science lessons
· Have an effective approach when it comes to supporting children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD), Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties, Social, Emotional and Behavioural (SEBD) Difficulties and Autism (ASD/ASC)
· Be able to adjust lessons and teaching approaches if required
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Science Teacher, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Science Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position as a Science Teacher. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
For more information on this Science Teacher position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire and Norfolk, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk