The Mirfield Free Grammar
Teacher of Science
Contract role – January 2020 for two terms (could be permanent role)
To start - January 2020
“Most people say that it is the intellect that makes a great Scientist. They are wrong; it is character.” – Albert Einstein
Your new school
Founded in 1667 The Mirfield Free Grammar has a long-established tradition of success and promotes values such as respect, integrity, teamwork and aspirations. We strive for excellence in everything we do. The MFG is a vibrant learning environment; everything we do, every decision we make is focused on the students and how we can inspire them to achieve the very best for themselves both academically and personally.
With excellent commuter links, we are situated just 10 minutes away from the M62 and 20 minutes from the M1.
Your new role
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about teaching Science.
- Someone who loves to inspire students.
- Excited by learning.
- Interested in developing a career within a small and supportive Multi-Academy Trust.
- Highly motivated and driven by the desire to deliver outstanding Teaching and Learning.
What you’ll get in return
- A supportive school who value the work life balance of our staff.
- A team who fully support each other by planning together in order to design an effective curriculum and fully tailored lessons and assessments for each year group.
- A commitment to developing reflective practitioners through our Continued Professional Development programme.
- Weekly sessions introducing different aspects of pedagogy designed to complement each stage of your teaching career.
- A fantastic Wellbeing Centre run by a trained counsellor; accessible for both staff & students providing high quality and skilled personalised support.
We are confident that new teachers joining our school will feel welcomed from the moment they start their journey with us and we absolutely encourage prospective applicants to visit school prior to applying. This is a truly exciting opportunity for someone who wants to develop their teaching career within a small but very ambitious Multi-Academy Trust.
The MFG Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.