Following a successful Ofsted inspection, UTC Oxfordshire is looking to appoint an excellent practitioner in science (all disciplines considered) to join our growing science department as we expand in our fourth year.
Applicants should have a proven track record in innovative, dynamic and passionate teaching. This could be a Lead Practitioner post for the right candidate, with potential for working across schools in our trust. We recommend a tour of the UTC to find out more about what we do and talk to our current staff, please email email@example.com to arrange.
The UTC specialises in science and engineering, alongside a broad and balanced curriculum. We benefit from the support of local employers and three leading universities who enrich and enhance our unique curriculum offer and student experience.
UTC Oxfordshire is centrally located with excellent transport links close by.
We can offer:
- excellent professional development opportunities
- focussed teaching – only KS4 and KS5 classes
- An environment where the focus is upon high quality teaching and employment outcomes
- small class sizes – Average class sizes: KS4 – 22, KS5 – 15
- opportunities for career development as the college grows
- state of the art facilities
- free use of the gym
- fully supported laptop provided with latest software to simplify your workload
- free tea and coffee
- strong and supportive team
- social calendar
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be ready to embrace the challenge of a new school and the opportunities that exist.
Application deadline: 18th June
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting / interviews have taken place.
Safeguarding recruitment statement
UTC Oxfordshire is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults; we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will meet the person specification, and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure and complete the relevant safeguarding training.