Whitworth Community High School
Tel 01706 343218
Age Range: 11-16. School size: Group 5. 646 on roll.
Starting Salary Range: Main Scale – full time
Teacher of Science (Physics preferred but not essential): An excellent opportunity for an excellent candidate to join a ‘Good’ school
Suitable for NQT's
Required: September 2020
Whitworth Community High School is an oversubscribed, successful community high school in a beautiful Pennine location, with ambitions to become outstanding. We are looking for an excellent Teacher of Science, to join us in our next phase of development in the Quality of Education; building on current strengths of learning and teaching; working alongside colleagues to improve classroom practice and raise aspirations, and thus further improve student progress and outcomes, enjoyment and engagement within science.
The successful applicant for this role will be a passionate advocate for high quality teaching and learning; imaginative, dynamic and energetic, and an excellent communicator committed to enhancing the life chances of our young people.
We have excellent opportunities for professional development and career progression and a proven record of colleagues being promoted within as well as beyond the school.
This is an exciting time to join our school. In February 2018 we were delighted that our Ofsted Section 8 inspection team recognised that we have 'maintained the good quality of education' since the last inspection in December 2014, and have continued to improve. Ofsted recognise our 'relentless drive’ to embed a culture of high aspirations and expectations throughout the school, and our caring environment where 'pupils learn well, feel listened to and are safe.' They note ‘Attainment has also risen considerably’ because leaders set ‘challenging and aspirational targets’ for pupils, teachers have ‘strong subject knowledge’ and thus ‘The progress of current pupils across year groups is good’.
We are looking for a colleague who can demonstrate:
• excellent teaching and practical skills;
• the ability to inspire and enthuse students; and raise their aspirations;
• practical strategies and an understanding of how students make progress;
• the ambition and drive to ensure all students achieve their potential.
• a commitment to an inclusive and ambitious curriculum which develops our students’ cultural capital.
We offer the right candidate :
• a successful small school with a strong reputation, a caring ethos, a culture of respect and a commitment to ‘Climbing Higher’
• fantastic students who are proud of their school
• a strong leadership team who are committed to moving the school forward and to the professional development of our staff, and who are mindful of staff well being
• knowledgeable, forward looking and friendly colleagues who are ambitious for our school
• excellent facilities and resources, including fitness suite and recording studio available for staff
We would love you to see our school in action – to be part of the teaching and learning experience; to observe the excellent relationships between staff and students which characterise the atmosphere in school; to see the impact of our respect agenda. Everyone who visits Whitworth Community High School is impressed by the warmth of welcome, the behaviour of students and the clarity of our aspiration for the future. If possible, visit our school in advance of the closing date by contacting Mrs Yvette Ellis on 01706 343218 or via email email@example.com
Whitworth Community High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure (DBS).
You can download the documentation for this post online at www.lancashire.gov.uk/vacancies, and directly from the school website www.wchs.co where you can obtain additional information regarding the post. Please note CVs are not accepted.
Closing Date: 25th February 2020 – 12 noon
Interview Date: w/c 2nd March 2020