The Governors are seeking to appoint a well qualified, energetic, enthusiastic and inspirational teacher, with a real passion for science to deliver high quality lessons that develop a love of the subject to join this successful and popular school. This position has arisen due to the expansion of the school and the department. The successful candidate will be a team player who is passionate about all aspects of science with a drive to make a difference.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding practitioner
- Have a proven track record of success
- Have the ability to develop a love of science in order to maintain high standards
- Have an in depth knowledge of the science curriculum both current and new
- Be able to teach a specialist science subject at KS4 and all science subjects at KS3
Worden is a comprehensive Converter Academy that has a proven track record of sustained improvement and growth. In February 2016 the school underwent a successful one day short inspection which highlighted the fact that Pupils leave the school with brighter prospects due to a passionate and driven leadership team working alongside teachers who care and meticulously plan for each unique cohort.
Worden is committed to promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
Closing date: Noon Thursday 19th October 2017
Proposed interview date: Week commencing 23rd October 2017
More Information can be found at www.academyatworden.co.uk
Application forms and covering letter can be emailed to the Head’s PA; Mrs Pattison email@example.com.
- Degree in a relevant subject.
- PGCE or equivalent.
- Qualified teacher status or ability to work in secondary schools under the Wolf review recommendations (QTLS).
- Recent Inset in subject related issues.
- An effective teacher with a proven track record of raising attainment with experience in teaching all ability groups.
- Ability to share their experience to sustain a curriculum which is sensitive to the needs of all children.
- Involvement in departmental development and improvement.
For an informal discussion please contact: Headteacher - Mr C Catherall.
Academy @ Worden
Westfield Drive, Leyland, Preston, Lancashire, PR25 1QX
Tel: 01772 421021
School website: www.academyatworden.co.uk
Ref Science 1718