ABBEY MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
CEO: Carol Kitson, Principal: Paul Cooper
Teacher of Science – MPS Required for September 2018
Additional recruitment and retention allowance may be available for an exceptional candidate plus access to an individually tailored CPD package
Bishop Young C of E Academy is a thriving and highly successful 11-18 Church of England convertor Academy which serves communities right across the city of Leeds. We are part of a newly formed and growing multi academy trust, Abbey Multi Academy Trust.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated teacher to join our successful Science Department. The successful candidate will show a passion for teaching and learning and be committed to achieving the very best outcomes for our students. You will be required to teach throughout the age and ability range to GCSE. The ability to teach A Level would be an advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed and passionate teacher to join a successful and CPD focused department where new initiatives are welcomed and encouraged.
As a Teacher we will nurture, challenge and support you throughout your career here at Bishop Young.
You will be:
· A routinely good/outstanding teacher with the ability to teach all aspects of Science KS3/KS4 and potentially KS5
· A colleague looking to either start or further your career within a supportive team
· Able to encourage and enthuse students to achieve their full potential
· Inspirational to colleagues and students - sharing best practice
We can offer:
· An Academy and Science Department that will allow you to be inspirational, creative and play an active part on our journey
· Tailored CPD with a commitment to support your career ambitions, free car parking and personal iPad
· A Department which welcomes new ideas with energy and enthusiasm
This is a genuinely exciting time to join our Academy. If you are looking to join an Academy with happy positive and polite students and staff, then we want to hear from you.
Visits to Bishop Young Academy are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Lucy Johnson, HR Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain an application pack please visit our vacancy page http://www.abbeymat.co.uk/vacancies.html
The closing date for applications is 19th April 2018 with interviews scheduled Thursday 26th April 2018. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Lucy Johnson on 0113 2739126.
Abbey Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced disclosure from the DBS will be required for this post.