Academy: Leeds City Academy
Job Title: Teacher of Science (Full or Part Time) permanent
Grade: Salary: MPS/UPS
Accountable to: Area Team Leader for Science
To carry out the functions of a teacher at Leeds City Academy according to the ethos and expectations of the academy, in order to achieve our key aim of raising outcomes for all students.
You will join a busy department which has strong aspirations to be outstanding in three years' time. This subject is given a high priority in this academy (4 of our Senior Leaders are science specialists) and you must be willing to teach across the age range 11-16.
Please note that this job description should be read in conjunction with the National Core Standards for Teachers for main-scale post holders, and the post-threshold standards where applicable
NB: All post-holders at The White Rose Academies Trust are responsible for improving the outcomes for learners and upholding the ethos of the Academies. The five principles of the Children’s Act: Every Child Matters guide the work of every adult working at or associated with Leeds City Academy
General Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure good progress for all students within groups taught through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standard
· Strive to deliver a consistently high standard of teaching and learning
· Take responsibility within own teaching areas, and in the execution of general duties, for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students
· Consistently apply the academy behaviour policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy
· Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students within the Area Team and academy AR schedule
· In consultation with the Area Team Leader, contribute to the planning, design and production of high quality teaching materials and resources, appropriate to age and ability, in accordance with the Area Development Plan
· Be a coach for a specified group of students, establishing the rapport necessary to support their moral, social, cultural and emotional development through the delivery of the PHSCE curriculum within coaching sessions
· Within the Area Team, make a strong contribution to agreed PHSCE areas as designated to the subject area through Step Up Days
· Contribute to the wider life of the academy by participating in the provision of extension, enrichment and enhancement activities through a planned weekly programme
· Attend meetings, including parents’ consultation sessions and Meet Your Coach Day, and fulfil duties or rotas as specified in the Staff Handbook
Leeds City Academy is an 11-16 school situated in the vibrant heart of Leeds. We are a smaller academy, enabling our staff to nurture the talent and realise the potential of each and every student. We provide an exceptional education and life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds City Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within the next three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students. The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
If you would like to apply for this role please visit the careers page on our website at www.leedscityacademy.org.uk to see supporting documents and to download an application form. Once completed please return to email@example.com
Start Date: TBC
Closing date: 23/04/2018 noon
Shortlisting date: 23/04/2018
Interview date: w/c 30/04/2018
All post holders are accountable through The White Rose Academies Trust Performance Management Policy.
Thank you for taking the time to complete an application form. If you have not received an invitation to interview by 30/04/2018 please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.