Teacher of Science.
The role is offered temporary basis until 31 August 2022.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy, based in Leeds. The school is looking to add a Teacher of Science to its progressive and supportive Science Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Science at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will support the Head of Science to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“With nearly 2000 students aged between 11 and 18 the Academy is a busy and vibrant place. The academy serves a predominantly urban catchment area, which includes Garforth, Kippax, Aberford, Micklefield, Swillington and Colton among others. We are a large and oversubscribed academy, and we pride ourselves on knowing our students well and doing our best to ensure everyone fulfils their potential.
We have an exciting teaching opportunity and are looking to appoint an outstanding, committed and motivated teacher to contribute to the development of teaching and learning and curriculum in our Science department. This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious and proven classroom practitioner, who can display a real passion for developing and inspiring the students in their care. ”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Science Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Science up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1426272 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1426272 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...