Teacher of Science
Required September 2017
Pay scale and salary: MPS/UPS
Number of Roll: 1197
We invite applications from innovative, resilient, creative and motivated Science teachers who can play a key role in our Science department and are seeking to work in a forward thinking school with the prospect of developing further through an excellent programme of CPD.
Do you have the following qualities?
· Are you a good or outstanding Science teacher or on course to be a good or outstanding science teacher?
· Are you committed to working with staff and students to help them achieve their potential?
· Have you an uncompromising belief that all children deserve an outstanding education?
· Could you make a significant impact in raising attainment through highly effective teaching?
· Have you experience of teaching Key Stage 3 & 4 Science to all abilities.
If so, we are recruiting to the above position starting in September 2017 as we build on our journey of ‘Transformation to Excellence’.
Cockburn is a well-resourced oversubscribed school which has benefited from a 22 million pound BSF investment.
In our latest Ofsted inspection the school was judged to be a good school with outstanding features. Behaviour and Safety was judged to be outstanding and it was recognised that “There is a tangible ethos across the school centred on the ‘Cockburn Values’. Staff and students share a keen sense of responsibility to ensure there is a positive climate in which everyone can learn and develop.”
If you think you have the passion, energy and drive to help us to move to the next stage in our development, we look forward to hearing from you.
We have Investors in People Gold status and are committed to the professional development of all staff.
In our most recent Ofsted report it states “The school’s work to develop the professional skills of staff is of high quality.”
Application packs can be downloaded from: www.cockburnschool.org/vacancies The closing date for this post is Friday 28th April 2017.