The Federation and Academy
Haberdashers’ Aske’s Hatcham College provides a safe, rigorous and challenging learning environment for pupils of all abilities and backgrounds. Our expectations are high in terms of pupil progress and achievement, and behaviour. In February 2014 we received our fourth consecutive Ofsted grade of ‘Outstanding’. We are looking to appoint an equally outstanding practitioner to join our well-established staff.
The core purpose of this post is to contribute to the overall development of this strong, stable department through teaching all three sciences at Key Stage 3 and 4 with the ability to offer a specialism at GCSE and A Level . The ability to contribute to Level 2 Health and Social Care would be an advantage but is not necessary.
It is expected that the successful candidate will consistently plan and deliver good and outstanding lessons. The College offers Science at Key Stage 3, GCSE and all three sciences are popular courses at A Level in our outstanding and high-achieving sixth form. We are looking for an innovative and forward–looking individual who can inspire students and contribute fully to a very active and successful Science team.
NQTs and experienced teachers are welcome to apply. l
The successful candidate will need:
- To work within and contribute to established College and department frameworks for
- lesson planning, delivery and evaluation
- student behaviour and care
- student assessment
- To actively contribute to the teaching of Science across all age and ability ranges
- To remain informed of current developments in the subject area, to participate in INSET and to initiate change where appropriate
- To devise innovative, challenging schemes of work
- To consistently plan and deliver good and outstanding lessons, ensuring that a variety of teaching resources are utilised
- To set and mark internal examinations and tests as required
- To demonstrate good knowledge of a wide range of teaching methods and to implement these in the classroom
- To be fully committed to and actively contribute to the department enrichment activities programme
- To possess excellent ICT skills and use these as a tool in the teaching of Science
- To provide accurate information for parents as directed by the College and to attend parents’ evenings and other presentation meetings as directed
- To assist in the implementation of the subject area improvement plan based upon self-evaluation.
- To monitor the quality of teaching; based on evidence, self-evaluation and development, ensuring a consistent and continuous focus on achievement and aspiration
- To maintain an organised and effective learning environment in the classroom and shared areas
- To take responsibility for own professional development in discussion with the Head of Dept.