At Walton Academy we fundamentally believe that every student should achieve their full potential and all staff are committed to ensuring this happens. Our academy is underpinned by our core values of ‘Excellence, Courage, Commitment and Ownership’. We consider these to be integral to our students’ success and wellbeing. Over the last three years we have achieved record results with a Progress 8 score of 0.98, placing us in the top 1% of all schools nationally and the number one school in Lincolnshire for progress.
Job Title: Teacher of Science
Start date: September 2020 (or earlier if available)
Closing date: 23 February 2020
We are looking for an inspiring teacher to deliver Science across key stage 3, 4 and 5. The ideal candidate will deliver innovative and creative lessons that engage and challenge students to achieve their full potential. The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic and supportive team.
We know that our staff team are our greatest resource. Therefore, we invest heavily in them and we know that this has helped us to develop our stable, supportive and high performing team. We know that we have a lot to offer someone who wants to feel respected and appreciated as an expert in their field. The successful candidate will be joining a high performing Science Faculty, working in a new Science block, and will also benefit from:
- Excellent CPD focused in outstanding teaching and learning
- The Outstanding Teacher Programme (OTP)
- Staff well-being packages
- Opportunities to work within other academies within the Diverse Academies Learning Partnership
- Working with Lead Practitioners
If you would like to be part of Walton's success, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please include in your application:
- Why this post is of interest to you, how you have prepared for this post and how it fits in with your career progression plans
- Experience relevant to the post to include teaching and learning styles and cross curricular work
- How you would make a significant contribution to the raising of attainment in Science
- What you see as the most exciting challenge of the post
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school for a tour and meet the Science team. Please make an appointment via Katie Bagnall, Academy Operations Manager on 01476 563251.
The Diverse Academies and its Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in their care and expects everybody working for the organisation to share this commitment. To this end we actively seek DBS enhanced clearance check for everybody that is employed by us.