Teacher of Science Up to UPS3 (Inner London)
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Science to teach KS3-5 classes and to develop life-long learners in Science. You will join a very able Science Team that is expanding with more and more students choosing our already popular and successful science subjects at A-level and an increased intake in KS3.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a good track record in raising attainment and accelerating progress
- Be a passionate advocate of the subject who contributes effectively to departmental and whole school improvement
- Be able to teach across the age and ability range ideally up to A-Level standard
- Be able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
- A supportive environment with excellent CPD opportunities
- A highly committed and driven staff
- Students who are very keen to learn and make more than expected progress
- A multicultural, diverse environment with high expectations for our students
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey in South London. We are passionate about raising the aspirations and achievements of our students. Sponsored by the City of London Corporation, the Academy provides a broad, high quality education with an added focus on Business & Enterprise and Sport to students aged 11-18 years old.
All applications must be made using the TES online application form. CVs will not be accepted. Further information about the academy is available from the academy website at www.cityacademy.co.uk.
The City of London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
Start date: As soon as possible. We will also consider applicants for a September 2018 start.
Closing Date: Subject to receipt of suitable applications, so it may close earlier than the published date. Otherwise, the closing date is 12 noon on 20 March 2018.
Interviews: Upon receipt of suitable applications.
Appointment: We may appoint more than one candidate.