There are excellent relationships between staff and pupils. Pupils have very positive attitudes to learning and make exceptional progress.’ (Challenge Partners Quality Assurance Review – September 2017)
In 2017 at Denbigh - pupil progress at GCSE in science was in the top 4% nationally; 30% of students gained at least one A*/A science grade; 73% of students gained at least 2 A*-C science grades.
An outstanding school with impressive progress 8 scores would like an enthusiastic Science teacher to join the highly successful, supportive and creative Science team.
Denbigh High School is part of the Chiltern Learning Trust which is a multi-academy trust currently compromising of six local secondary, middle and primary schools. We are a high-achieving school with an excellent track record for academic and wider achievement. We are currently the highest performing secondary school in Luton, ranked 1st place in the 2017 GCSE examinations.
We look to provide exceptional employment opportunities for exceptional people and our staff benefit from an outstanding programme of professional development and support which begins from the very first day that they join us. The Trust is about to experience rapid growth, providing very good opportunities for career development.
We offer good financial benefits and exceptional development opportunities:
- The school currently offers a July start for NQT's
- Availability of a £3,000 recruitment incentive
- Possible help with relocation expenses
- A comprehensive induction programme and a supportive working environment
- Exceptional CPD and development opportunities through the Trust’s teaching school alliance and our family of schools
- Excellent transport links via the M1 and national rail networks – only 25 minutes by train to London, and Luton Airport is conveniently situated close to the Town centre
- Access to excellent sports and fitness facilities including an on-site swimming pool and gymnasium
The closing date for applications is 09:00am Monday 18th June 2018.
Interviews will be held commencing 19th June.
For further details and application forms visit:
Please also view the below links for more information.
We welcome visits from prospective staff. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 1 week of the closing date. Applications will be assessed in order of receipt and interviews may occur at any stage after applications are received.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in the school.