Teacher of Science
The Governors of this school are looking to appoint a dynamic, inspirational teacher who is passionate about Science and has the ability to motivate students to strive for excellence and outstanding examination success.
We are a very successful and diverse leading Catholic 11 – 16 High School with 900 pupils on roll situated in Didsbury (often voted as one of the most popular places to live in Manchester) only a short walk from the vibrant shops, bars and restaurants of Didsbury village, and having excellent transport links to Manchester City Centre and surrounding areas
The Barlow RC High is an excellent place to teach and we are proud of the work we do to ensure an environment where children and adults alike can achieve their full potential.
You will join a friendly and supportive Science Faculty who are committed to sustaining and improving results. You will be required to teach across the full age and ability range within both Key Stage 3 and 4 including GCSE level and have the ability, drive and commitment to maintain and improve the current success rate.
• Have excellent subject knowledge
• Be a “Good” or “Outstanding” practitioner;
• Be passionate about your subject and have the ability to challenge, inspire and motivate students to strive for success;
• Possess the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate students along with the ability to manage behavior;
• Have high expectations of students – both academically and in relation to standards of behavior
• Be supportive of the faculty drive to enable all students to achieve their full potential.
• Have the adaptability to hit the ground running;
• Play an active role within the school and the wider community;
• Be pro-active with the ability to act on your own initiative;
In return, we will offer you the opportunity to work in a friendly, supportive environment with the opportunity to further your professional development.
NQT’s are welcome to apply. Applications from teachers wishing to work part-time will be considered.
In return, we will support you to further your professional development.
Please visit our website http://www.thebarlowrchigh.co.uk for an application pack. Completed applications should returned to email@example.com quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 8am Monday 27th January 2020
Interview date: Friday 31st January 2020
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.