An Exciting Opportunity to Join an Innovative Academy
Manchester Communication Academy is looking for a talented, ambitious and experienced teacher of Science with a proven track record of success to join their ambitious and dedicated team.
The Science team consists of a number of subject specialists who are committed to improving student outcomes and inspiring the next generation of Scientists. Last year the department achieved national average or higher in each KS4 qualification offered. High quality teaching and learning is at the heart of the department and through sharing good practice, team teaching, working with external partners and protected collaborative planning time, staff are given the tools to thrive. We are looking for someone who will consistently model effective teaching and learning and can demonstrate vision, imagination, creativity and a commitment to inclusive education and community cohesion. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an Academy that values staff well-being and development.
We offer the following:
- Teachers teach in both break out areas and flexible learning bases where they can learn from one another through team teaching, coaching and mentoring.
- Teaching staff have two, two-hour planning sessions per week to collaboratively plan with colleagues.
- Excellent career progression routes through a talent management strategy for those who are ambitious and keen to develop.
- We have a half day on a Friday with an hour's training from 1 to 2pm with a variety of teaching and learning communities to participate in.
- A staff well-being group who meet regularly to discuss workload and work-life balance and organise wellbeing and social events.
- Staff can take one 'flexi day' holiday per year.
Your supporting statement should be no more than 2 side of A4, font size 11 and should reference you meet the criteria on the Job Description/Person Specification.
Interviews will be held on Friday 5th May please contact the academy if you would like to visit prior to submitting your application.
Although we are looking to recruit a full time teacher to start in September 2017, earlier start dates are possible, as is the possibility to job-share or work part-time.
Manchester Communication Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure for a Regulated Activity via the Disclosure and Barring Service.