Would you like to work in a University sponsored school?
Would you like to receive £3,000 additional annual payment on salary?
Are you seeking career development and progression?
We have the job for you.
Brompton Academy, sponsored by the University of Kent, is seeking to find an enthusiastic, forward thinking teacher of Science, who has the energy, intellectual capacity and determination to join its Science team.
- Starter bonus of £1,000 payable at end of first term and additional bonus of £1,000 at end of first year, subject to satisfactory performance and attendance and thereafter an additional £3,000 pa payment on salary subject to satisfactory performance.
- Assistance with accommodation or relocation package available (£500max).
- Guaranteed 15% non-contact time for NQTs in first year
- On going professional development
- Part funded Masters Qualification (if required) and ongoing professional development
- Private health care, subject to satisfactory health check.
- Apple iPad
- Positive ethos and supportive environment
Applications are welcome from NQT’s, School Direct, as well as experienced teachers.
The University of Kent (UoK) sponsor actively promotes Science within the academy through offering a range of curriculum activities and initiatives for our students and staff. We also have a number of UoK postgraduate students undertaking PhD and Masters whilst training to be teachers. This post provides a great platform for the individual to grow their leadership and management skills and participate in a department rich in developing Science subject knowledge and understanding.
You will be coming to a supportive learning environment characterised by open management, and in the knowledge that you will enjoy the full support and care of the pragmatic (and down to earth) leadership team. We have a dynamic, innovative team of professional staff who want to make a difference to the lives, aspirations and opportunities of our young people.
The Academy is an extremely popular, oversubscribed school with a current Ofsted rating of Good. The Academy also has a 400+ Adult learner education programme.
The Academy moved into brand new buildings in September 2013, with outstanding facilities, and Apple technologies for all, enabling us to enhance and support cutting edge learning strategies required for continuous improvement.
Prospective candidates are welcome to come and visit the Academy before application. If you would like to visit or discuss the role or have any queries, please contact Jen Hygate, the Principal’s PA on 01634 852341 or email email@example.com
Further information about the Academy together with a Job Description and Person Specification can be found on our vacancies page https://ats-bromptonacademy.jobsgopublic.com/vacancies/list
To apply, please complete one of the following:
- Click on the link to apply on-line
- Download an application form from our website
- Submit your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (clearly stating the role you are applying for). Note, applicants invited to interview will be required to complete an application form.
We intend to review applications as they are received and call those shortlisted for interview. An early application is advised, as once we have appointed, we will close the recruitment process.
Brompton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).