The morale of middle leaders has increased as they value the clarity of direction and expectation they now receive. External professional development is complemented by a much improved school based programme that is customised to meet the needs of the school’ Ofsted May 2017
Unity City Academy is a community where inspirational teaching, self-evaluation and self-improvement are now embedded throughout our Academy. We welcome all routes into teaching through School Direct, PGCE and we are a host school to Ambition School Leadership, Future Leaders and Teach First.
Our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put great emphasis on professional development, both in-house and external, and are proud of the huge improvements that we have made within teaching & learning; which is increasing our numbers of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Middlesbrough as an 11-16 school where we are within easy access from Middlesbrough and the Tees Valley and close to major roads, including the A19, A66 and A1 motorway.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of Science with a passion for accelerating progress within our Science department. Candidates must be able to teach across the ability and age range, supporting the development of Science to the highest standards for all pupils at Key Stages 3 and 4.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about Science
- Be an excellent teacher
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the academy
- Have a relentless obsession about developing their own standards of teaching and learning to enable them to deliver excellent student outcomes
- Be a committed team player
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact the Principal, Gemma Simon for an informal discussion about the post and also to visit the academy. Please contact Leanne Stockton, PA to the Principal on 01642 304305 or email email@example.com to arrange.
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and development in your role
- Teachers' Pension or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- A generous annual leave allowance
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
- Free car parking
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
Closing date: Monday 26 November 2018
Start date: January 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.