Teacher of Science –September 2018
Copthall School is a culturally diverse and inclusive all girls secondary school based in Mill Hill, Barnet. Our Science results are consistently strong with our 2017 results at GCSE and A-Level above national averages. Our thriving Sixth Form which is in the top 12% of schools for A Level results (ALPS grade 2) offers both A Level and Vocational pathways and we boast an excellent success rate in University applications.
Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. Following our recent Ofsted inspection, Copthall has been awarded the status of ‘Good’. ‘By implementing systems to raise staffs' and pupils’ aspirations, leaders have established a culture of high expectations. As a result, the school has secured marked improvements to learning and pupils progress’. The full report can be accessed using the following link: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated teacher of Science who will join a dynamic and committed department. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced or newly qualified classroom teacher to make a significant contribution to the school.
The successful candidate will be expected to have the potential to teach Science at KS3-KS5 and the ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher of Science or have the potential and desire to become outstanding
- be experienced in raising or have the desire to raise attainment
- have proven experience of working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
- be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Join a supportive science team that has a good track record for student outcomes
- Access to continuous staff development. All staff receive coaching as part of our Incremental Coaching Programme and we strongly support NPQML & NPQSL.
We welcome applications from NQTs as well as more experienced candidates.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear DBS check to an enhanced level.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 18th June 2018 (12 noon)