The St Lawrence Academy is a small academy for 11-16 year old boys and girls of all abilities, specialising in Sport and Science. Ofsted stated that we continue to be a good academy (July 2016). We are an inclusive academy striving to meet the needs of all our learners in our caring environment. We are sponsored by the Diocese of Lincoln and have a strong Christian ethos and we are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome students from all backgrounds and faiths, regardless of ability.
At the academy, we want all students to feel included and be inspired to develop their talents - whatever they may be. We offer a broad balanced curriculum and an environment for learning which inspires our students to do their very best. This is what we expect.
Our students are excellent ambassadors for the academy and are proud to wear our uniform and be part of our aspirations for their future. We want them to be determined to succeed, confident in their abilities and fully involved in the life of the academy, the local community and beyond.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding, well qualified and enthusiastic Teacher of Science
- As a specialist in any of the Sciences all candidates will be considered.
- Have experience in teaching Science, across both Key Stages
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to raising achievement
- Demonstrate excellent subject knowledge
- Passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people
- Well organised, inspirational, ambitious and hard working as well as committed to high standards
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have flexibility, vision and commitment
- Have the ability to meet deadlines
- Be able to foster positive relationships with students
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
We can offer:
- A dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers and support staff
- 2 year Key Stage 3 curriculum and 3 year Key Stage 4 curriculum
- An excellent reputation in the local community
- A CPD programme for all staff
- Superb facilities and new resources including state of the art laboratories
- Science results for 2016 were excellent
- Aspirational and hard working students
- Strong parental engagement
- Pastoral and extra curricular opportunities
- Department meeting time and CPD time during the academy day
- High standards and expectations
- Access to a laptop
- Access to documents from home via Google documents
This post would suit:
- An NQT as Science is a strong department with good experience in developing staff
- An experienced teacher wishing to join our team of fantastic staff
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references, including your suitability to work with students. Applications will only be considered from individual applicants on our standard application form, and not via CV alone or agencies
To apply please download and complete the application form from our website and submit to Lorna Johnson, PA to the Senior Leadership Team, to firstname.lastname@example.org . For further information visit our website www.tsla.co.uk , alternatively please contact Lorna Johnson on 01724 842447 or via email.
If you would like to discuss any of the roles please contact The Principal, Joan Barnes on 01724 842447 or email to email@example.com
Closing Date : Wednesday 22nd March at 9am. Interviews : W/C 27th March 2017