MPS/UPS (£4000 recruitment and retention and relocation reimbursement package of up to £8000 available for the right candidate)
Start date: January 2020 start
‘There are no great schools without great teachers’
Graham School is an 11-16 school situated in Scarborough, which has just over 1000 students on roll. Scarborough is easily accessible and whilst many of our current staff are local, many also travel from York, Hull, Driffield and the surrounding areas.
September 2019 will be our first full year as a member of the Hope Learning Trust family of schools along with our coastal partner George Pindar School. Along with welcoming new colleagues to our staff team (including our new Vice Principals for Behaviour and Attitudes and Teaching and Learning) we have a new curriculum, new behaviour system and a coastal and trust wide focus on developing our staff and sharing best practice.
We are proud to be an inclusive school with a healthy intake in Year 7 and we have the highest aspiration for our students to achieve their very best and grow both as individuals and as members of their community. The development of the whole child forms an integral part of our vision; we want the best for every student at Graham School irrespective of their background. We value honesty, high expectations and aspirations, resilience and we work together as Team Graham.
As a colleague you will also join and work through our developing Science hub with colleagues across our Trust which includes Manor C E Academy, Vale of York Academy, George Pindar School and Barlby High School.
We welcome interest from colleagues at all levels.
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
• An opportunity to join a Science team which has seen positive uplifts in 2019.
• Access to tailored CPD through Hope Learning Trust and their team of specialists. This includes courses such as NQT Leadership and Moving to Mastery teaching.
• Opportunities to access in your early stages NPQML, NPQSL, and SLE involvement.
• Experienced colleagues and those in early career stages are welcome to apply, what is important is the ability to enthuse children with your passion for Science.
• Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children.
• A high level of support from staff and colleagues within the Hope Learning Trust
• Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Trust Board.
• Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
• A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT.
We are proud to be a coastal partner along with our fellow 8 secondary schools and we believe we have a unique opportunity for colleagues to grow, develop and thrive in their career as part of our coastal community. For more information on our Coastal Offer, Coastal Charter and how you can make a difference by teaching on the Yorkshire Coast please visit www.teachyc.co.uk
The date of commencement for this post will be January 2020 and the closing date for all applications is Monday 21st October 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
How to apply
For an informal and confidential conversation about the role, to arrange a visit and for an application pack, please contact our Recruitment Partner James Annetts, Coastal Teacher Recruitment Lead for the North Yorkshire Coast.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 01609 534939/07966 261249
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be acknowledged by email so please provide an email address. You are encouraged to accompany your application form with a letter of no more than two sides of A4 demonstrating how you fulfil the Person Specification in the application pack.
Hope Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.