The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a Teacher of Science. This role at Malcolm Arnold Academy could be the ideal next step in your career.
If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
About the role
- To raise levels of achievement for all students in the subject area
- To comply with the Every Child Matters Agenda to raise attainment for all students
- To operate as part of the wider staff team to assist with any activity which supports the overall aims and objectives of the Academy Development Plan
Permanent, full-time role
Salary & Benefits
· M1 - UPS3 £22,917 - £38,633
· Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Who we are looking for
- Qualified Teacher Status
- A sound academic background in relevant subject
- Familiar with recent developments in the teaching and learning of the subject including strategies for raising achievement
- Experienced in using a range of teaching and learning styles
- Able to use assessment data to improve achievement
- Equal opportunities
- Able to use ICT across the curriculum and for administrative purposes
- Understand how the National Curriculum applies to all students
- Accepting of how the Academy Specialisms can be incorporated into the subject
- Experience of teaching in a UK school
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development delivered through our Teaching School Alliance to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
Please submit your application via our website.
Malcolm Arnold Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.