Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Science on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021. Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a 'Good' secondary school for boys and girls aged 11-18. The establishment has two campuses: London Road, for Years 7-8 and the sixth-form; and Doddington Road, for Years 9-11. The coeducational school has 1,070 pupils, including 135 in the sixth form. Its origins lie in Wellingborough High School for girls and Wellingborough Grammar School for boys, which both shared the site in 1930. The two schools merged in 1975. It gained academy status in 2013. Its sixth-form facilities have recently been expanded and a new ICT learning hub has been created.
It joined a respectable trust in November 2018 and their network consists of eleven secondary and six primary academies in the Midlands and Norfolk plus a central team. Wrenn School has the ambition, the expertise and the determination to ensure that their outcomes will continue to improve. The school was awarded SCHOOL OF THE YEAR 2018 (Northampton Education Awards) and has the ambition, the expertise and the determination to ensure that outcomes will continue to improve beyond their current P8 score of +0.04.
The school are seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Science to join their GOOD school (Ofsted June 18) who can help them to make the rapid improvements they have planned for the next three years. The successful candidate will demonstrate a love of the learning process and a desire to make a real difference to the lives of the young people.
- To teach exceptional lessons that engage and challenge all students
- To create a supportive and stimulating learning environment in the classroom that helps all students to make excellent progress and develop as learners
- To make a significant contribution to the values and ethos of the school
- To actively promote and uphold all school policies, for example behaviour policy, assessment policy
The successful candidates:
- Qualified to degree level or above
- Qualified teacher
- Experience of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- Experience of reflecting on and improving teaching practice to increase student achievement
- Evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject through schemes of work and extra-curricular activities
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of curriculum area
- Understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour
- Excellent classroom teacher with the ability to reflect on lessons and continually improve their own practice
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1447722
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...