Teacher of Science
Permanent, Full Time
We seek to appoint a qualified, enthusiastic and inspirational teacher of Science to join a very supportive, highly regarded and successful department.
This post would suit a Science specialist from any subject discipline who is passionate about teaching Science. You will be able to enthuse our well behaved and eager to learn students to study at all levels. The selected candidate will be required to teach pupils of all abilities in KS3, KS4 and KS5.
Quarrydale is oversubscribed and we are very proud of our students and staff, so this is an exciting career opportunity to join our friendly and inspirational Academy.
You will have the benefit of your own classroom which is fitted with interactive multimedia equipment to aid teaching and learning and the provision of the latest ICT equipment.
If you feel that you have the ability and drive to enable our students to reach their full potential, joining our Academy also offers many personal benefits including:
• a subsidised pension scheme
• use of the Academy's sports facilities and gym
• a strong commitment to your continuing professional development and training opportunities
• close and convenient links to the M1 junction 28, Nottingham, Derby and Sheffield
• close access to the peak district, national park and popular historical sites
• A supportive environment in which your talents will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
• Access to Perkbox and Perkbox Medical (platforms which give employee benefits and inspire a unique employee experience, enriching personal and working lives)
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and other vetting procedures including the provision of two good references.
For application forms and further details please visit our website or contact Mrs Amanda Adamson (Headteacher’s Secretary) at email@example.com.
If you think you could be a potential candidate for the role and you would like to discuss the vacancy or if you would like to arrange a visit to Quarrydale Academy please contact the Head of Department Steve Dewhurst on 01623 554 178 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 22 November 2019 (noon)
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 28 November 2019