Do you enjoy using experiments and interactive lessons to teach KS3, KS4 or KS5 Science?
Are you an ambitious teacher looking for a school that actively supports your growth and development?
Are you wanting to join a vibrant, forward thinking school with a supportive Senior Leadership Team?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Stockwood Park Academy would love to hear from you!
The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit a passionate Teacher of Science to join our successful team. Science is a subject where you can really captivate students’ attention with various exciting experiments and interactive lessons. At Stockwood Park Academy, we have two corridors dedicated to Science with modern, fully equipped labs and Science Technicians on hand to help. Therefore, we are looking to appoint a teacher who is motivated to teach engaging and effective lessons with the range of resources we have available.
It’s incredibly important to us here at Stockwood that all our middle leaders have the trust and autonomy to help lead their department and that all our staff feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
‘We recognise talent, recruit for attitude and train you for the skills’ … If you want to be grow and develop in a successful Academy, come and join us at Stockwood Park! Don’t just take it from us, listen to what our teachers have to say: https://youtu.be/48wDNtQQKzU
- Start Date: September 2018 / July 2018 start for NQT’s who wish to start earlier
- Salary: Main Pay Scale or Upper Pay Scale (dependent on experience)
- Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
- A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
- Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
- To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
- Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
Teacher Testimonial: “I started as an unqualified teacher and was supported through the Graduate Teacher Programme. Very soon after I gained my QTS, opportunities arose to get into new roles. I started as Gifted and Talented Coordinator, then I became Head of Department for PE and then I wanted to develop into a pastoral role where I became a House Leader. Then came the opportunity to become an Assistant Principal and I was encouraged to go for that role so I took the leap and now I'm the Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare. There is a whole range of CPD on offer with a dedicated Teaching and Learning team who will provide personalised CPD, personalised areas for development for members of staff. In addition to that, they have a number of courses they provide, I've gone on the 'Outstanding Teacher Programme' and developed my own teaching and helped me feel secure in the position I was in. Stockwood Park Academy have already begun supporting with my next step up moving into a Deputy Head or Vice Principal role.“ - Iain Temple, Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare.
Closing Date: Friday 20th April at 12pm Interviews: As soon as possible
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today.
We look forward to hearing from you!
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.