Post: Teacher of Science
Contract Term: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Royton and Crompton Academy, we know that the life chances of our pupils are determined by inspirational teachers like you.
We are an Institute of Physics Future Physics Leaders Partner School and the successful candidate will receive subject specific mentoring, pedagogical and career development support as part of our relationship.
How you can help to inspire our pupils
We are seeking an inspirational Qualified Teacher of Science to start at the academy in September 2019. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic graduate who will inspire our students in the classroom by delivering innovative curricula and by giving them the confidence to think big for themselves as they progress through our academy.
For a full job description of the role see the job description and job specification. We encourage you to get in touch with any questions; better still, come and see us for yourself
The perfect candidate:
Must hold a UK QTS by the start date
Will be passionate about improving outcomes for all our children
Will have a professional attitude and be able to work within a team
Must be flexible and able to differentiate their lessons
Should have a strong understanding of the science curriculum
You will receive first class support at every turn – we will offer:
A dedicated trust-wide NQT Support programme
An extra 3 days dedicated CPD for every teacher
A warm and welcoming team
A job in one of the best cities in the UK
Royton and Crompton Academy are a forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Oldham. We support and challenge our students to achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom.
Come join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
• One that takes great pride in providing ‘a culture that places the individual child at its heart’ and a ‘school community that works together to secure improvement.’ We want every child and staff member to stand out from the crowd and feel proud and as part of our exciting journey towards achieving world-class status
• A “high energy” and rewarding place to work and our staff make daily positive impact upon our learners. We have a strong belief that if students enjoy learning and are equipped with the tools to succeed, then they will achieve at the highest level.
• Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning programme in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
• Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme – we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
• A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee benefits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
• In September 2019, we will move into a brand new, state of the art, multi-million pound complex that is almost nearing completion behind the existing school building.
A great place to live and work
Known throughout the world as the birthplace of the industrial revolution, Greater Manchester is notable for it's cultural and musical exports as well as two of the world's biggest football clubs, it is also home to three E-ACT academies: Royton and Crompton Academy, E-ACT Blackley Academy and The Oldham Academy North.
There is no shortage of things to do in the city which offers beautiful green spaces and waterways to be explored on foot or bike, quaint market towns and plenty of places to eat, drink and shop.
How to apply
• The closing date for this post is midnight on Wednesday 22nd May 2019
• Interviews are planned for Friday 24th May 2019
• Please send completed application forms or any enquiries to ERACAHR@E-ACT.org.uk
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities forms.