TEACHER OF SCIENCE (PHYSICS SPECIALISM)
Required for September 2020
Applications are invited from enthusiastic teachers of Science who are looking to join an outstanding school committed to academic and pastoral excellence.
This full-time permanent post provides an exciting opportunity for NQTs looking to join a highly successful and extremely supportive faculty or experienced colleagues seeking to further their experience in a high achieving 11-18 school. You will be joining a friendly, thriving and collaborative department, where pupil progress and outcomes are excellent and teaching and learning are outstanding. Furthermore, Science subjects are popular A Level choices within our Sixth Form. We welcome applications from candidates who can teach Physics up to A Level.
St. Peter’s Catholic School is a popular, oversubscribed and successful school, judged “outstanding” in all areas by Ofsted. We pride ourselves on the excellent academic standards that we achieve across all key stages; the pastoral care that we provide and the enrichment opportunities that we offer. As a Teaching School, we take a leading role in Initial Teacher Training, Continuing Professional Development and Research and Development and are involved in a number of national initiatives and projects.
The successful candidate will:
• Have high expectations and a positive outlook
• Be a good/outstanding class practitioner
• Be both creative and independent in their teaching
• Be able to engage and enthuse pupils in learning at all times
• Be focussed on maximising progress for every child through stretch and challenge
• Understand the importance of assessment, feedback and differentiation
• Support the ethos of St. Peter’s School
What we can offer:
• To work with a vibrant, confident staff and pupils
• To work in a school with high expectations and high standards of achievement and behaviour
• To work with supportive families
• Outstanding professional development linked to leadership at all levels
• A positive, warm and supportive working environment where everyone feels valued and where staff wellbeing is prioritised
St. Peter’s Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, contractors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other relevant checks as appropriate.
An Application Form and further details are available from the School Website. Please note CV’s are not accepted.
If you are interested in applying for this post, we warmly invite you to come along to our Science Open Morning on Wednesday 27th November, where you will have a tour of the school, meet staff and pupils and get the opportunity to observe some GCSE and A Level Science lessons. To book a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, ow would like to look around the school at another time, please don’t hesitate to contact contact Amy O’Rourke, Subject Leader at email@example.com