We are seeking to recruit an outstanding and motivated Science Teacher with a Physics specialism (maternity cover) for a January 2020 start. We welcome applications from other science specialists.
Rosebery School is a highly successful, oversubscribed and vibrant girls’ 11-18 school with 1,460 students, including 250 in the Sixth Form. We are seeking to recruit an outstanding and motivated Teacher of Science with Physics as their main science who is able to inspire our youngsters and engender a love of learning and of Science in particular. We welcome applications from other science specialists.
Appointment Type: Maternity Cover
Working hours: Full Time or Part Time/Fixed Term Up to One Year (Maternity Leave)
Start Date: January 2020
Salary Scale: GLF Main Range/UPR London Fringe
The successful candidate will:
- Teach physics to students in Years 7 to 11 and 12 to 13 as needed.
- Teach other science subjects as required.
- Deliver lessons which enrich and engage all students taught.
- Plan lessons carefully, having regard to the schemes of work and faculty practice.
- Work as a full member of the designated faculty team, working with others to promote good practice in the faculty, to create teaching resources and to develop consistent approaches.
- Assess student work to monitor and evaluate progress, set targets and advise lesson preparation.
- Drive attainment and progress for all students taught, setting targets, tracking progress and intervening where appropriate.
For the right candidate we offer:
- An opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School.
- Development through CPD and career management.
- Recognition for your hard work and commitment.
Visitors are always welcome, please contact Lesley Broome, HR Officer on email@example.com.