Trinity Catholic High School seeks to appoint a talented and dynamic Teacher of Science to work within our hugely supportive and successful Science Department. We have an excellent Catholic Ethos with a strong leadership team. The Teacher of Science position is available from September 2018. The ability to teach all Sciences from KS3 to KS4 and Chemistry to KS5. Students follow the AQA syllabus at GCSE and at A level. The Science department achieves outstanding results at Key Stage 3, GCSE and A level and all classes are taught in mixed ability groups from Year 7 onwards.
- There are fourteen members of staff in the Science Department who are supported by four technicians and two admin assistants.
- Additionally there is a Science Teacher with whole school STEM responsibilities and another teacher who is responsible for Gifted and Talented provision across the school.
- There are twelve well equipped laboratories - six on the Upper Site and six on the Lower Site.
- The Lower Site has six General Science laboratories where the majority of KS3 Science teaching takes place in addition to some KS4.
- Two of these are newly built and one of the laboratories called the ‘Padua Centre’ is a Norwegian style pine building, purpose built as an environmental centre and situated in the newly created nature reserve and pond area of the Lower Site.
- The Science department is close knit and works in a collaborative and friendly manner.
Trinity Catholic High School prides itself in the following:
- An outstandingly successful and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with 1673 students on roll.
- A Specialist Science and PE College and holds International School Award status.
- Continuously achieving outstanding results at GCSE and in 2017 we achieved our best ever results. The Progress 8 score of +0.51 is significantly above the national average and places the school in the top 12% of schools nationally. The percentage of students at 5+ in English and Mathematics is 65% and well above the national figure of 39%. 81% of our students attained the standard pass in both English and mathematics and 52 grade 9s were awarded across these two subjects.
- Judged as outstanding in both the December 2014 section 48 inspection
This post would be suitable for a highly motivated NQT, or, an experienced teacher who, in either case, feels they can make a significant and positive contribution to the Science department and the school as a whole.
Trinity Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Please note, due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please click on the apply button at the bottom to complete the application form.
Closing date for receipt of application forms is Sunday 20th May 2018.