British International School Riyadh
(3-18, BSME, CIS, co-educational, English-medium school)
Principal: Chris Mantz M.Ed.
Do you want to be part of an exciting, innovative and rewarding learning environment with highly motivated students, excellent teachers and supportive parents?
TEACHER of SCIENCE required for August 2017
The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced full-time teacher of A-level Chemistry or Biology. Applicants should have excellent subject knowledge and experience of working with highly aspirational students. The successful applicant will be highly organised and will contribute toward departmental development documents, and work effectively as part of a team.
The Science department is committed to providing an inspiring and challenging education to all students from KS3 to KS5. It therefore invites applications from progressive, dynamic teachers, with willingness to work and plan collaboratively across the curriculum.
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
- very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
- be able to use ICT as an effective teaching tool;
- believe in the values of international and interculturalism in an educational context;
- have a collegiate approach: with energy and enthusiasm and a natural desire to develop and share their skills. The role would suit teachers with strong subject knowledge who are comfortable working with both highly motivated and able students;
- have a keen understanding of the pedagogical styles required to implement the National Curriculum of England;
- be fluent in spoken and written English;
- be culturally sensitive;
- have outstanding interpersonal skills;
There may also be a Position of Responsibility allowance for the right candidate.
To apply, please follow the link: https://uptic.net/job/259 and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Friday 6th January 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people and all post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure (with a Barred List check).
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa