Teachers of Science - Full time or Part time considered
An exciting opportunity exists for three exceptional candidates who are able to teach Science to GCSE and A Level.
In Years 7 & 8 we teach some of the fundamental scientific concepts with a focus on the development of investigative and problem-solving skills. Separate sciences are taught from Year 9 onwards leading to either a double or triple award at GCSE. We provide A Level classes in all three sciences.
This post provides the opportunity to teach at all levels from Year 7 to Oxbridge entrance.
All science disciplines will be considered, the ability to teach Chemistry or Physics is desirable.
Leventhorpe is a Business and Enterprise Academy that in 2012 was judged by Ofsted as Outstanding in all categories.
The successful candidate will:
- have a passion for teaching and learning
- have excellent subject knowledge
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress
In return Leventhorpe can provide:
- a positive working environment in a heavily oversubscribed school with an excellent academic record and high standards which places strong emphasis on student learning and achievement
- a large Sixth Form of 330 students of which 175 plus choose to study Science
- exceptionally dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students
- first rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our training school status and National Support School and Teaching School work
- Judged Outstanding in all respects in January 2012
- Outstanding facilities including a £6 million new Leisure Centre (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all-weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1.2 million Learning Resources Centre, re-modelled Design & Technology facilities and Science labs, annual £100k investment in ICT provision.
Leventhorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS is required for all successful applicants.
We would welcome applications from NQTs or experienced teachers. Please apply by letter and application form which can be found on our website. Applications should be sent to Mrs Wendy Shannon, HR Manager either by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 22nd January 2018.
Interview date: Monday 29th January 2018.