Rugby Free Secondary School (RFSS) is an 11-19 free school which opened in September 2016. The school is growing at an exponential rate and has already proved very popular with parents. RFSS benefits from the backing of a highly supportive local authority and the local MP who both also supported the establishment of our sister school, Rugby Free Primary School, which opened successfully in September 2015.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding teacher of Science (Second in Department) to be involved with the continued development of an experienced teacher. We are looking for commitment, passion and ambition. You will work with the Director of Learning for Science. You must be able to build positive relationships with all pupils in the school, playing an active part in their development, growth and exceptional progress.
If you know how to make learning engaging and are passionate about ensuring all children achieve then this is the right post for you. It will provide a once in a career opportunity for the right candidate and will offer the perfect platform for a future move to middle leadership. You will be supported in this at every stage by a focused Senior Leadership Team.
We are looking for….
- a well-qualified, creative and dynamic Science specialist
- an engaging and forward-thinking teacher who will build on the success of the department
- a dedicated professional to work/support the Head of Department to promote high standards of teaching and learning within the subject
We can offer….
- a recruitment and retention allowance and an enhanced starting salary for suitable candidates
- an opportunity to contribute to the wider developments within the department
- excellent students and staff who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidate
- the opportunity to join a highly innovative and successful department.
- a friendly and supportive working environment
- a comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in further professional development
If you feel that you could bring further impetus to our drive to improve the provision for our students and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and sense of humour to take us forward in this exciting curriculum area then please get in touch.
To arrange a visit to school or an informal discussion with the Director of Learning for Science, please call Mrs Baljit Mander, the Headteacher’s PA on 01788 222060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To find more detailed information on the role please read the Science Teacher Job Description and Person Specification.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time.
Closing date for applications: Friday 17th January 2020
Interview date: w/c 20th January 2020
Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow (LT2) is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. LT2 is always happy to receive speculative applications from excellent teachers and support staff.
This job description is current at the date shown but in consultation with the post holder may be changed by the Headteacher to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.