Start date: September 2019
Closing date: April 19th 2019
Salary: Ark MPS or UPS (Inner London) £30,406 - £41,381 or £46,272 - £50,178 per annum dependent on experience
Location: White City, London Nearest Tube station: White City (Central) or Wood Lane (Hammersmith & City, Circle)
We are looking to recruit a Teacher of Science. Additional responsibilities will be offered to the right candidate. The Teacher of Science will play a key role in developing excellent teaching and learning, leading and managing curricula and departmental systems. The role involves promoting and supporting high standards of achievement and progress for all pupils. In particular, the role will be focused on securing excellent outcomes for all students studying Biology, Chemistry and Physics at A-level.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be an enthusiastic and innovative teacher of Science,
• have a Chemistry specialism to teach up to Key Stage 5,
• have a passion for practical work and inspiring pupils through hands-on engagement with the subject,
• be committed to improving teaching and learning in both trainee and experienced teachers through developmental leadership,
• be a committed team player,
• demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve,
• demonstrate evidence of raising attainment and developing excellence,
• be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations,
• have the enthusiasm to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
• join one of the most successful academies in England
• work in high quality facilities,
• receive unrivalled training and professional development,
• join a network of Ark schools and benefits from the support of experienced network colleagues,
• gain access to an exclusive range of benefits including reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
Staff at Burlington Danes are we provided with tailored professional development at every stage of their career progression. Regular coaching sessions and an ‘open door’ lesson policy ensures you receive extensive, responsive support and peer-to-peer sharing of best practice.
The academy has fostered a collaborative infrastructure which has instilled a strong sense of community amongst our staff. Your hard work will always be recognised at Burlington Danes. As a teacher at Burlington Danes, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country. Benefits of being part of the Ark network include:
•A salary 2.5% higher than the main scale teacher salaries
• Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education
Join a school that has a 300 years of history behind it, and a bright future ahead, with great facilities such as a newly installed Astroturf sports pitch, state of the art recording studio, 300-seat theatre and the largest school playing field in the city.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged. Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.