We are keen to appoint a highly motivated, well-qualified and inspirational Science teacher who is, or has the capacity to become, an outstanding teacher. The candidate should have the ability to deliver Science at KS3 and KS4.
With the expansion of our 6th Form the successful candidate may have the opportunity to teach up to KS5 and there may also be the opportunity to teach in our brand new ARC building, delivering engaging and personalised Science lessons for children with Autism.
Alderbrook is acknowledged, both locally and nationally, as a high-performing school. In 2016 The SSAT has recognised Alderbrook as being in the top 10% of schools nationally for Value Added Progress and results have remained very strong, particularly in the Core subjects.
Surprisingly however, we pride ourselves in being about so much more than outstanding results. We are a community in every sense of the word.
We are looking for a colleague who:
• is passionate about developing independent, confident learners
• is committed to inclusive education
• can sustain high quality teaching and learning
• demonstrates energy, creativity and commitment
• is willing to actively contribute to all aspects of school life
We are proud to offer:
• interesting, engaging, enthusiastic students who want to learn
• a supportive and inclusive staff and governing body
• a hugely successful, ambitious school - determined to build on the standards we currently achieve
• consistently high GCSE results
• a proven track record in - and full commitment to - the professional development of colleagues
• a well-resourced school with extensive grounds
• a long established record of low staff turnover. What does that tell you?
As part of your supporting statement, please share the reasons why your application should be considered and why you wish to work with the students here at Alderbrook.
Application forms are also available from Mrs Anna Whittington at the school, by email or phone.
Tel: 0121 704 2146 x7503
Closing date: Sunday 24th February 2019
We can’t wait to hear from you!
The school is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS.