Our staff are our most valued asset. As a National Teaching School ALL our staff have access to a wealth of support provided by outstanding practitioners.
An outstanding teacher of Science is required for September 2019 to join a committed and hard-working department. Applications are welcome from both experienced teachers and NQTs. The department has close links to other schools in the Tudor Grange family. A wide range of teaching and learning strategies are used in the delivery of Science including a focus on developing students’ independence and spontaneity.
Additionally, you will benefit from:
• Joining a department judged as outstanding in the school’s most recent OFSTED inspection (June 2014).
• Teaching highly motivated students. In 2018, 96% of students achieved grade 4+ in separate sciences and 69% of students achieved grade 4+ in combined science.
• Teaching in a forward thinking department with excellent resources and facilities for teachers who love their subject.
• Teaching in your own science laboratory (all science laboratories have been refurbished to the highest standard and 4 additional laboratories are being built for Sept 2019.
• The opportunity to teach to A Level (dependent on experience).
Tudor Grange Academy is a designated National Teaching School which means all our staff have access to excellent opportunities to flourish, develop and facilitate courses for other professionals. Tudor Grange Academy is an outstanding 11-18 comprehensive school situated in South Solihull in the West Midlands.
If you join us, you will benefit from:
• Teaching pupils who are well motivated
• Strong parental support
• An excellent induction programme
• Exceptional CPD opportunities for teachers and leaders at every stage of their career
• A real chance to develop in a forward thinking, highly successful academy
As part of the Tudor Grange Academies Trust we offer first-class career opportunities within our diverse portfolio of schools and excellent CPD. You will work alongside people who are passionate about what they do, who want to make a positive difference to children’s lives, and can help us stretch and support children to achieve beyond expectation.
What We Can Offer You
We actively place staff wellbeing at the centre of everything we do. Our staff are our single biggest asset, and the success of our students depends on them. So we take care of, and invest in them, properly! A few of the things we offer are:
- A comprehensive CPD programme for all staff whether they are NQT, RQT or aspiring leaders.
- Free school meals for just two 25 minute lunch duties per fortnight
- A supportive, open and approachable management team •Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other
- Free staff activities including: fitness classes and sports clubs
- Free tea, coffee and biscuits
- On-site parking for staff
- The Academy participates in the childcare voucher scheme
- The Academy participates in the cycle to work schemeInformal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Informal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Shortlisting: Monday 20th May 2019
Interviews: Thursday 23rd May 2019
Please click on the Apply Now button to download the application form.
Completed applications must be returned to Mrs Sarah Taylor at the Academy by 3pm on Monday 20th May either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Tudor Grange Academy Solihull, Dingle Lane, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 3PD.
For further details please visit https://www.solihull.tgacademy.org.uk/
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health and criminal record clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.