Teacher of Science TMS/UPS (Plus access to a tailored CPD package)
Required January 2018
‘There is an impressive array of training opportunities for staff’ Ofsted 2016
‘Value such as ambition, respect and kindness are publicised and promoted throughout the school. This has helped to improve student’s behaviour and attitudes to learning’ Ofsted 2014
The Dearne ALC (11-16) is proud to serve the Dearne Valley communities and we are within easy access of the A1 motorway meaning Leeds, Wakefield, and Sheffield are on our door step. Candidates must be able to teach across the ability and age range, supporting the development of a core subject to the highest standards for all pupils at Key Stages 3 and 4.
Career development recruitment incentives:
• £500 each year invested in your own CPD programme
• Access and support to follow middle leadership programmes from the outset e.g. NPQML, Teaching Leaders
• Candidates should be looking at this post as a career pathway to middle leadership
• We advise you to come in and speak with the Principal and Vice Principal to discuss the above and shape the next 3 years of your career, thus this post is suitable for both RQTs and experienced teachers.
The Dearne is on “Requires Improvement”. Ofsted have confirmed ‘great things are happening at this school’ and we are on a strong trajectory to reach “Good” by December 2018. Attainment 8’ up by over two points;
· On average all students got a grade higher than last year in over two of their subjects; Maths attainment above national;
· 4% above national for grade 4+
. Science attainment above national (4+);
· 4.5% above national in core science
· 13.2% above national in additional science
· 13.5% above national in further science Basics (students achieving a 4+ in both English and maths);
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
• An outstanding ‘Teaching school standard’ professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
• A leadership development programme for all interested high-quality staff.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Visits are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting our Principal, Chris Robinson, via her PA on 01709 892565 ext 1229 or Felicia Swann, HR Manager on 01709 892565 ext 1204. In joining The Dearne ALC you can expect a supportive culture within a school with very high aspirations, moving forward at pace. If you believe that instilling aspiration and ambition can transform the lives of young people then we would love to hear from you.
The closing date for applications will be 9am on Monday 23 October. Interviews will take place Tuesday 24 October. Details regarding interviews will be confirmed with short listed candidates.
As safer recruiters an enhanced disclosure from the DBS will be required for this post.