Job Title: Teacher of Science
Start Date: April 2020
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional Teacher of Science who is dedicated and keen to join our hard working, approachable and supportive Science department. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher with high expectations and they should possess the imagination, energy and skill to help craft their curriculum and department. They will have the ability to motivate and inspire staff and pupils alike and possess the necessary drive and determination to bring about rapid and sustained improvements in teaching and learning.
Reddish Vale High School has recently become part of South Manchester Learning Trust, forming a partnership with Altrincham College of Arts. The vision for the trust is to build a local, high achieving schools and college network to benefit communities across the South Manchester region. The core values of the trust are based on respect; moral purpose; positivity; care for others; inclusivity and strength through partnership. Expressed simply, the trust is committed to personal growth and academic excellence for all students.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and dynamic teacher to teach Science across the age and ability range within both Key Stage 3 and 4 including GCSE level, you will be expected to teach across Biology, Chemistry and Physics. You will work within a highly motivated and friendly team who aim to develop the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills. The successful candidate will have the ability, drive and commitment to maintain and improve the current success rate, you should have:
• A real passion for teaching and learning in Science
• The ability to inspire, challenge and motivate pupils along with the ability to manage behaviour
• Evidence of real measurable impact as a teacher
• A willingness to contribute to the school and multi academy trust at all levels
• A willingness to be supportive of the Science Departments drive to enable all students to achieve their full potential.
We can offer:
• A friendly, supportive and hugely talented whole staff team
• A school with an exciting future and history of continuous improvement
• Outstanding and supportive leadership at all levels
• An inclusive learning ethos
• An opportunity to be at the heart of a new, emerging multi academy trust.
If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us. Please visit our website for further information www.reddish.stockport.sch.uk. Completed applications should returned to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 8am Thursday 23rd January 2020
Interview date: w/c 3rd February 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.