Teacher of Science (NQTs welcome)
Salary: MPS/UPS (£24,373 - £40,490)
Contract: Full Time (Permanent)
Required for: September 2020
Are you a trainee teacher looking to secure your first teaching post? We offer the perfect environment for you to grow and develop as a teacher. We recognise that the learning curve continues once the training year is over and offer a bespoke 3 year induction programme to newly qualified colleagues. Teachers on our NQT+ programme benefit from a minimum of 20% PPA time, no requirement to take a tutor group, and access to a range of high quality CPD and inset days informed by current research and pedagogy. Interviews will include a chance to meet with your NQT mentor and talk to some of our current NQTs.
This post is suitable for NQTs or more experienced teachers and we offer a range of development opportunities to teachers at all stages in their careers.
In addition, we offer:
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into the benefits of working at Kennet School please view the attachments on the teaching vacancies section of our website: “What we believe”, “Why teach at Kennet?” and “Relocate to West Berkshire”.
We would like you to be:
- a clear communicator with strong values and sense of moral purpose;
- able to teach Science to KS4 and preferably to KS5 in your specialist area;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
Download an application form from our website, complete it and return to email@example.com .
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Monday 20 January and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date: Friday 24 January.
Our priority is to secure the best quality teachers for our school, so we reserve the right to interview before the application deadline.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.