The school provides excellent educational and residential provision for children and young people with Autism and associated difficulties. The staff team at New Barn School are committed to creating a learning culture that enables the best possible outcomes for its pupils.
Applications are welcome for the position of Science Teacher at Treehouse Educare for a Easter 2018 start or earlier.
This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative, qualified and enthusiastic Science teacher to support the school with securing outstanding outcomes for the students.
- You will have a positive attitude and a passion for inclusive education.
- You will be an outstanding teacher with a passion for Science.
- You will have good knowledge of the national curriculum and experience of delivering lessons to a range of needs and abilities.
- You will have experience of supporting students with Autism and / or other associated learning difficulties
At Treehouse Educare, we recognise that the happiness and well-being of our staff is essential to our success. After all, you cannot give your best if you do not feel your best. We therefore offer all our employees:
- A pleasant, supportive working environment
- Brand new laboratory and equipment
- 4-5 pupils per class with TA support
- Training opportunities, including mandatory training, CPD and additional specialist training
- Regular, supportive 1:1 meetings with a supervisor
- Regular team meetings
- Subsidised lunches with pupils
- Contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
Treehouse Educare are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Treehouse Educare is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.