We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational Teacher of Science to join a highly experienced and successful department. This post is suitable for either an experienced teacher or a NQT seeking to start their career in a caring and supportive team with expertise in training and development.
Testbourne Community School is an 11-16, Outstanding (Ofsted 2010) comprehensive school with an extremely able cohort. We provide a forward thinking, outward looking and vibrant learning environment. We pride ourselves on the strength of staff and student relationships and we have a strong community at the heart of our ethos. Our shared philosophy is embodied by our strapline ‘Achievement, Excellence, Integrity.’ Under the leadership of our new Headteacher and we are working together to continually raise expectations, improve our practice and raise standards of students’ achievements in order to secure our outstanding judgement for the future.
In 2017, 72% of our students achieved a C or higher in Core Science; 70% in Additional Science; 100% in Biology and Physics and 98% in Chemistry. Our Core results were almost 20% above the National average.
To join our team, the successful candidate will:
• be an excellent or potentially excellent teacher of Science;
• be passionate about Science and engaging students in the subject;
• have dedication and a passion for learning and teaching;
• be forward thinking and keen to develop as a practitioner;
• have fantastic subject knowledge and be passionate about helping all students, including the most able, appreciate Science and understand how to succeed in the subject.
In return we:
• offer professional development and expertise to enable staff to achieve excellence;
• provide a highly supportive environment with opportunities to develop as a professional;
• provide a highly professional and collaborative working environment focused on developing students’ love of learning;
• offer first rate personal career development to assist you in the fulfilment of your ambitions;
• provide excellent support for NQTs with well trained and experienced professional tutors and mentors.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 18th May Interview Date: w/c Monday 21st May We reserve the right to interview and appoint candidates before the closing date or scheduled interviews where applicable.
Application forms and further details are available from the school website www.testbourne.hants.sch.uk or alternatively contact email@example.com
Testbourne Community School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau checks, along with other relevant employment checks.