Academy Trust and School
Welcome to Phoenix Academy. We are an academy that believes we can get the very best out of every child through the twin pillars of our rigorous academic curriculum, and an extensive enrichment programme.
Our academic curriculum is at the heart of school life and ensures that all students get the opportunity to study academic disciplines and extend their thinking beyond everyday understandings.
We are proud to be part of the Future Academies Trust, an ambitious family of 7 schools, Curriculum Centre and a teacher training centre (SCITT). The school believes that a knowledge-led curriculum is the best means to transform pupil outcomes.
The ideal candidate will share in the Future Academies Trusts belief and vision that with the right teaching, every student will reach their full potential and that schools serve their families and the local community as well as their pupils.
You will share our firm belief in the importance of Science as an academic discipline and you will want to join a school that invests in both its staff as well as its student’s futures. We don’t want to make teachers jump through hoops or submit intricate lesson plans; we just want you to be a subject expert who wants to ensure that every pupil you teach falls in love with your subject and develops an appreciation as to how Science can enable you to make sense of the world around you.
A Future Academies teacher is:
• Passionate about their subject and have excellent academic qualifications and thorough subject knowledge.
• Aligned with our educational vision and committed to a knowledge-led curriculum, with high ambitions for pupil attainment and in the central role of the teacher as expert.
• Able to combine academic rigour and achievement with enjoyment of the subject.
• Committed to providing a high standard of pastoral care.
• Equipped to deliver strong classroom management.
• Someone who has invested in their own and departments development and has the capacity to develop excellence in others.
• A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to unify and motivate a team.
• Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
• Committed to wider school life and be willing to engage in a range of extra-curricular activities.