Required for September 2019 a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher with the ability to teach all sciences to GCSE and possibly one to A-level. This position would suit either an NQT or a teacher with experience. The vacancy has arisen due to the promotion of the current postholder.
The science faculty is a lively and thriving team who are a recent success story of our school. All three sciences are popular A level choices, leading to regular Oxbridge success. Sciences are taught separately at GCSE level and also as part of trilogy science. The co-curricular programme delivered through student-led science societies, is supplemented with trips to CERN, universities and science live days.
The Windsor Boys’ School teaches students from years 9-13 and has excellent results at GCSE and A level, being in the top 20% of schools for pupil progress. We have a national reputation for sport, music and the creative arts, and uniquely are a centre of excellence for rowing. Our current Ofsted rating is good with an outstanding sixth form.
Teaching at The Windsor Boys’ School provides excellent opportunities for professional development and career enhancement through:
- A highly supportive and friendly working environment.
- Exceptional CPD through the trust’s teaching school alliance and our family of schools.
- Supportive parents and motivated students.
- A structured leadership development programme.
- Opportunities to become involved in a vast range of curriculum enrichments, including trips abroad.
- Sixth form teaching that is combined with our partner Windsor Girls’ School.
- Good links with local businesses, universities and prestigious private schools.
- Affordable urban or country living within easy reach of the school.
- Excellent local sports and cultural facilities.
- Direct access to the centre of London.
Windsor Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks. CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form.
If you are interested in applying for this position please access the school’s website where further information can be found: www.twbs.co.uk or alternatively email Mrs Blockley at email@example.com
The closing date for this position is Monday 20th May 2019 at noon, with interviews on 22nd May.
The Windsor Boys’ School is part of Windsor Learning Partnership, a Multi Academy Trust specifically for schools in the Windsor area and which is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service. CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form.
Windsor Learning Partnership: a company limited by guarantee.
Registered in England: Company Number: 9409109
Registered Office: Windsor Girls’ School, Imperial Road, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 3RT