Tes Schools RecruitmentWitham, Essex
Salary: MPS / UPS
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: April 2021 or sooner
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
Teacher of Science.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy school, based in Witham, Essex. The school is looking to add a Teacher of Science to its progressive and supportive Science Department ideally starting in April 2021 or sooner.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Science at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will support the Head of Science to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“We are looking for a talented Teacher of Science. Reporting to the Head of Science, you will join an academy embarking on an exciting new journey under new leadership.
Within the role you will be working in a department of nine, who deliver science using the mastery flow model across KS3-KS5. You will be able to draw on the support of the central science team who will work collaboratively with you to develop tools and resources which will impact positively on outcomes.
If you are driven to teach and help develop our students in Science then we want to hear from you!"
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Science Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Science up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1376134 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack which includes school name, role specifics and context.
Please feel free to call Tom Nutley on 0776 700 1965 or drop an email to email@example.com for further information. REF: 1376134
More about Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...