Teacher of Science
We seek to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and energetic Teacher of Science to join our hardworking and successful department at Manor CE Academy. The ideal candidate will be focused on high quality teaching in science at key Stage 3 and 4, and a passion for working with young people. This post would suitable for newly qualified or more experienced teachers.
The successful candidate will be:
• able to inspire and motivate learners and students
• able to work collaboratively with the department and wider school staff
• committed to raising standards of learning for all
• focused on improving teaching and learning
• a creative and innovative thinker
• a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• committed to improving levels of participation and performance in extra-curricular activities
• keen to engage in their own continuous professional development
The Science Department
The science department consists of ten teaching staff and two full time technicians. Teaching takes place in one of seven fully resourced and dedicated laboratories and the department is fortunate to have access to a wide range of practical equipment and technology. At KS3 students study the Exploring Science scheme which leads onto the Edexcel GCSE at KS4. Students have an option to study either Combined Science or Triple Science. The department have a strong commitment to extra-curricular activities with regular trips, competitions and science clubs.
Examination Results Summary (2016-17)
2017 exam results
Biology 50 100
Chemistry 42.6 96.3
Physics 50 98.1
Core/Additional Science 5 71.1
Interviews will take place during the week comencing 16 October 2017.
Please complete application form and return to the school. In addition please submit an accompanying statement to outline how your experiences demonstrate that you meet the person specification. Maximum two sides of A4, size 12 font.
For an informal discussion, please contact either:
Mrs Liz Mastin, Vice Principal email@example.com, or
Mrs Alison Walton, Head of Science firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01904 798722